Apply to Become an Apprentice
Once you have an employer, you will need to apply online with the Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) website MyTradeSecrets.
Follow these steps when first applying:
1: Create your MyAlberta Digital ID Basic Account.
- The first time you apply for an apprenticeship, you will need to create your MyAlberta Digital ID Basic Account. You must create a user account and complete verification.
- Your MyAlberta Digital ID is a unique and secure online identity to access multiple government programs and services.
2: Verify your identity with AIT.
- To apply for services, you must provide your personal information so that AIT can verify your identity before you can apply.
- You will require your Alberta Student Number (ASN) which can be found on your Alberta high school transcript or obtained through the Learner Registry.
3: Complete the Application.
- Follow the step-by-step application process. You must complete all required information in the online application.
- For apprenticeship applications, ensure your employer has provided you with the email address of someone that has the authority to enter into the apprenticeship contact with you.